SDR submission workflows
Depositors can directly deposit and publish their work without review or mediation by the Collection Manager or a Reviewer.
In this workflow, the Depositor can see and click on the "Deposit" button, which then deposits and publishes the item directly.
Which should I choose?
- If you want to check every deposit in your collection before it is published to a PURL page, then turn the Review Workflow ON.
- Collections for student works, including theses and class projects, frequently have the review workflow on.
- Be sure to give yourself and other reviewers time to review works before thesis submission or other deadlines.
- If it's okay that works are published immediately without being reviewed, then leave the Review Workflow OFF for a streamlined experience.
- Depositor creates an item and receives an email notification that the item has been created.
- Depositor submits the item for approval and receives an email notification that the item has been submitted.
- Depositor later receives an email notification indicating that either…
- the item has been approved and deposited by a Reviewer, or
- the item has been returned to the Depositor for modifications.
- If the item was returned, the Depositor makes changes and resubmits the item for approval.
- Steps 3 and 4 repeat until the item is approved.